Sunday, October 12, 2014

Implications and Teaching Opportunities for Camera Use in Teaching and Learning

Part A

When I was in high school cell phones had become a huge issue. With the data Dr. Strange shared with us on his blog you can see why it was such an issue. Although the staticts are for ages 18-24 I am sure that they would be really close to the high school age. With the percentage of 87% of people say that their cell phone never leaves there side it is bound to cause disruptions in school.

Cell phones are a huge part of today's youth and I count myself in on that. Teachers in my high school were always worried about who had cell phones out and who was texting. They even when as far as making it hard for people to get siginal in the school. We as future teachers need to find ways to make school the focus while students are at school and at the same time not make it seem like technology is the enemy.

Part B

As a future elementary school teacher I think I have it the best when it comes to using technology in the classroom. There are so many different programs out there for elementary students. Also being in Baldwin county is amazing! I am in my observation right now and my teacher is all about using there lap tops to good use. She as showed me so many great thing to do with my future students.
1. They can do projects on board builder
2. Online scavenger hunt (approved sights only)
3. Mobey Mac
4. Spelling City
5. Digital story telling
6. Finding videos that deal with what we are currently learning
7. Virtual field trips
8. Skype a professional to speak to the students
9. Making book trailers of their own using iMovie
10. Using Google docs to do projects with other students
11. Padlet
12. Google slides
13. Blogging

screen shot of the board builder home page

No comments:

Post a Comment