Sunday, September 21, 2014

Blog Post 5

What are Personal Learning Networks (PLN)?

PLN are learning networks between different professional. They create connections that contributes to their professional knowledge. They don't even have to know these people.

How can they help you as a teacher?

They can help you as a teacher because if you don't know the answer to something and need help you can ask the question on Twitter and you could get real time answers. Michael Fawcett used this as an example in his video he asked twitter a question and with in thirty minutes NASA answered his question.

How are they formed?

PLNs can be formed in many ways. One can create a formal websight and invite members to check it out. One can join twitter, create a blog or visit blogs written by professionals.

How can you create your own PLN?

I have already started creating my PLN. I joined twitter and instead of following all the trash that is avaliable on twitter I have followed profesionals that discuess ideas that I am intreasted in.

Who will be the first additions to your PLN?

I have followed Some of my professors and to expand my PLN I could follow some of the people that they follow or the ones that my professors retweet a lot. Twitter connects you to teachers with similar ideas as you and they can help you expand your knowledge or give you ideas.



the picture says using your pln on twitter


3 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren! Your post was very informative! I really liked how you broke down each question and answered it. It allowed me to get a more in-depth knowledge of PLN. I too am choosing not to follow the trash on Twitter. It is an excellent source to get great ideas. I believe in the near future, teachers will use Twitter as a way to give homework or last minute assignments. Cool picture! FYI your link to Twitter is not working. Have a great semester!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fixed my link! Thank you for letting me know that it was not working!!

      Delete
  2. "I have already started creating my PLN. I joined twitter and instead of following all the trash that is avaliable on twitter I have followed profesionals that discuess ideas that I am intreasted in. " Good for you! Twitter should be capitalized.

    Make use of your PLN. You will be glad you did.

    ReplyDelete